Monday, October 31, 2011

I Love Krupuk! "301" Crunchy Crackers Heaven!


Instead of chocolates, wouldn't it be lovely to receive this heart-shaped krupuk (fish crackers) for a change for Valentine's Day or as a declaration of love? ^_^

This shop is called "301". There are different shapes, sizes and flavours of "krupuk" (kru-puk), which means crackers, to choose from.

Here are some words or flavours that you may come across.
"Cumi-cumi" = Squid
"Ikan" = Fish
"Goreng" = Fried. Most of the crackers are deep-fried.
"Bakar" = Baked, for a healthier choice. These crackers are usually a little salty.


My favourites are the baked star-shaped crackers for my kids, the round thick white fish cracker, the mousy tail looking cracker and the oblong "Getas" fish cracker. I usually buy 2 packs each: 1 for myself, 1 to share.

The shop assistant can pack them into a cardboard box for you to check-in at the airport.


Recently, my sister went Padang on a humanitarian trip & brought back a packet of very spicy finger-licking good tapioca chips -- "Kripik Balado Shirley". I'm very excited to find it being sold at "301" too! Look sis, I no need go Padang already! Yipee! \(^_^)/


Oh, remember to keep in the crackers in an air-tight container after you open the packet; otherwise they will not be crispy.

Happy Snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment