Monday, October 31, 2011

Mie Celor (Boiled Egg Noodles in Coconut Curry Gravy)

~ A satisfying "Mie Celor" for breakfast ~ *Pat pat tummy*


This eatery is a compulsory visit when I visit Palembang! Mie Celor tastes similar to the Malay Mee Rebus but its gravy is richer in coconut milk and has prawns.

The eatery is located at the corner of a market, near to PIM (Palembang Indah Mall).
It is small and the busy market outside can be dirty, so just eat and go (not the kind of place for chit-chat).

For beverages, to be safe, order the bottled or hot drinks. I normally order "Teh Tawar Panas" which is plain hot tea (no sugar, no milk) whereas my kids order "Teh Botol" which is the popular bottled sweet jasmine tea from Sosro.

We also buy the big round curly krupuk that is sold separately... for dipping into the creamy gravy as we eat the noodles. Ooo, I'm salivating as I type!

No comments:

Post a Comment